Taking Charge of your own HealthTuesday, January 21, 2014
For someone who is always sick , learning the status of my health is very important. With a very young age, i was diagnosed with different sickness in different parts of my body. Although some of them are not that worst or needs immediate surgery, I was still advised by my doctor to take medicines for a certain period of time.
I have medicines for my thyroid, for my gallbladder, for my heart and the recent is for the numbness of my hand. There are days that I wish i could trade my body to a more healthier one but then, i'm still happy that I can able to do things and be productive.
That's why, i'm so happy to encounter this book which I really needed to fully understand my health condition, be aware and prepared for anything.
Taking Charge of Your Own Health is a how-to-guide for the health-conscious seeking diagnosis, treatment, and even illness prevention.
Why take charge of your own health? Here are the realities of today’s health care:
* Less personal medical attention due to cost-cutting and regulation* A 40 percent national misdiagnosis rate, per recent surveys*A critical need for people to take responsibility for their own careTargeting these issues, author Lisa Hall—whose debilitating condition took nearly ten years to properly diagnose—offers a wide variety of practical resources to empower patients. Hall’s experience is buttressed by the expertise of internal-medicine doctor Ronald Wyatt, a fellow of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.Readers will find valuable guidance on how to
About the Author
- find the right kind of doctor, check physician credentials, and increase benefits of office visits
- maximize Internet research
- navigate medical insurance, Medicare, workers’ compensation, and
- reduce vulnerability to hospital mistakes
- organize medical records
- The author encourages readers to move forward step by step—and to look back and see God’s plan taking shape through the difficulties.
Lisa Hall is a passionate patient advocate as a result of her nearly ten-year search for correct diagnosis and treatment for her medical condition. She is also the author of Taking Charge of Your Own Health. Her professional experience is in human resources (MS in industrial relations), and she now works as a corporate trainer. An avid runner, she just completed her first half-marathon. Lisa makes her home in Alabama.Product Details:Title: Taking Charge of Your Own HealthSubtitle: Navigating Your Way Through Diagnosis, Treatment, Insurance and More!Author: Lisa HallDimension: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"Binding: SoftcoverNo. of Pages: 256 pagesISBN 971-0453-21-1Regular Price: P195.00/copyChristmas Sale Price: P99.95/copyPublished by Lifebooks, “Taking Charge of Your Own Health” by Lisa Hall is now available in all branches of National Bookstore (Health and Wellness category), Powerbooks, Philippine Christian Bookstore and Fully Booked nationwide. For more exciting titles, visitwww.acts29pub.com, follow Lifebooks on Facebook (www.facebook.com/LifebooksPH)
, Twitter (www.twitter.com/LifebooksPub) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/LifebooksPH ).
Up to this date, i'm still reading the book and i really find it very interesting. Will definitely give an update when i finished it. For now, you can check this book in all National Book Store branches.